9/23/2008

Garmin Nuvi 660


Garmin's newly released Nuvi 660 with bluetooth is an easy to use, sophisticated, newly designed wide screen portable GPS with Bluetooth. Normally with a bluetooth heaset over ears, when it rings and driving I can't see who is calling without fumbling for my phone. When it is paired up with the Nuvi it flashes the incoming call accross the screen with caller ID, and if it is a contact from your cell phone it displays their name as you have it in your phonebook. You also have the choice to tap "ignore" or "Answer".
When I answered my first incoming call, not only is it "handsfree and you see who is calling, it is also heard through a clear crisp speaker .

To make a call I can do it from my GPS, I can dial a new number, choose one from my phonebook or even just click dial on any menu I route to!
If I am traveling and looking for a hotel, I search for one near me in the nuvi database. Once I find one I like I can route to it by tapping "go" and I can call by just tapping the phone icon, it will dial it as their phone number is also stored in the GPS. A very cool feature for travelers. Or even just to order a pizza in your own neighborhood without having to look up their number in the phonebook. The bluetooth quality and features are awesome.

This GPS is so easy to use. You can find a destination by longitude and lattitude, many other GPS units for auto do not have this feature, usually the outdoor handhelds do so this is another plus for this unit. Great for homeowners and or realtors determining and measuring property lines, etc. The larger screen and bright graphics and icons make this GPS easy to see and easy to use. All in all this is one the best GPS system around.

No comments: